Contrast Contrast

Aaaawww sound please.... pretty please

The game you created here (on your own, being the only team-member) for the game jam is awesome. You coped well with the colour handicap and the engine is really fun to play.

It's sad that you couldn't add the sound but I would reaaaaally love to see it with sound someday. You should consider updating it when you get to it.

Adding the ability to run was really a good idea, but when running it is hard to control everything properly. I think you would have been better if the down arrow key was the RUN button, since you use the other three arrows anyway and it's uncomfortable to stretch your hand over to the spacebar from either WASD or the arrows.

Also when I tried to move in circles while running and shooting the char didn't turn anymore. (too many buttons at the same time? :P)

Apart from that it's really fun. I think the ninjas where an awesome idea and the boss fight was pretty hard until you find out how to handle him.

All in all a great entry and if you had had the time to add sound it would have been even better.

Good job!

5/5 & 10/10

JoSilver responds:

Thanks glad you liked it.

when it comes to the spacebar for running I found the spacebar works best, I tryed the down arrow but than it becomes hard to shoot and run. and also yeah there are only so many button pressed flash will pick up sadly (adobe needs to fix it).

I really kinda wanna leave this one as is. I polished it as much as I could and sent it off.

But that does mean I wanna abandon it, I created a pretty complex engine for this game and I wanna experiment more with it.

Also thank for playing.... CONTRAST!!!

Newgrounds Worm Newgrounds Worm

4 years and worth it

I know this collab took very long, but the result is mindblowing.

About the co-author thing, my vote goes to TurkeyOnAStick even though there were a lot of great entries and the decision was hard.

Sometimes one doesn't really know to which drawing a certain part belongs, but it's not a big problem.

Good idea with the jumping spaceman, it's a nice diversion when you browse through the gallery again to look at a certain piece some more.

Also funny plot.

5/5 & 10/10.... of course.

Wallace's Workshop Wallace's Workshop

Great demo

Really, the game concept and the execution is good, it is fun to play and the graphics are perfectly suiting the game. But as much as I can understand that due to sponsor contracts and stuff you can't post the complete version here, I simply can't give a full score for quarter of a game. It's obviously a great game, but only 10 levels, no bonus challenges, no practice shed and no distance challenge, that's a big minus.

I also finished the 10th level with two parts left over and I don't know how I could include them. But hey, at least I made it somehow.

Also, I guess the levels we get to play here are more or less like a tutorial. Because if all the other levels also had detailed instructions how to clear the level it would be very boring. That's not the idea of a puzzle. So as I said, I assume, this is only the fact in the first few levels.

Good job nevertheless!

Ultimate War Ultimate War

Balance issues

The game is not bad, but it's lacking some balance. The orc army has the cheapest units wich are supposed to be the weakest, but in fact the run over any full region (12 warbands + towers) without any effort, that's not my definition of weak. Playing with the orcs makes the game simple as hell.

I'm not sure but sometimes I thought the NPC could build more warbands than were even possible with the low income they have. Still they could have some saved money, but it felt like too much money to be real.

Human NPC's are as stupid as can be. They keep on running against a dragon cave (3 dragons) with 2 warbands. 4 Orc warbands on the other hand can defeat 3 dragons (what seems kinda strange considering the prices).

It's a solid game so far, but I recommend a lot of beta testing before releasing a new version.

At some point I only used the auto-fight because the fighting sucks badly. Making only one unit at a time selectable is frustrating and takes away any strategic possibilities. Plus you seem to loose a lote more units when fighting manually rather than auto-fighting.

The graphics, the idea and the strategy system are all good, there a just those flaws I mentioned which could be improved.

7/10 & 4/5

Defend Your Temple 2 Defend Your Temple 2

Simple fun game

Great example that a fun game doesn't need fancy drawings. I played the first game and obviously I somehow missed that a second part was on the frontpage once.

It's a fun defense game. People who take it too serious maybe forgot that we're on newgrounds here and not on the discovery channel.

Even though there are better defense games on NG, this is still an entertaining timekiller.

M-Bot The Game M-Bot The Game

Not great, not bad.... solid with awesome graphics

I read some reviews while the game was loading and I must say the game is not as bad as some people say. However, there are some issues which have already been mentioned many times.

Actually the game gets repetive very fast, even though it's challenging. I didn't know these two things could go together, but they do here.

I don't know why people complain about juggling the enemies. The hit-area is very generous. (I hope you understand my broken english :P)

For me, the real challenge was to avoid the enemies and obstacles. The juggling was manageable.

The upgrades however are frustrating. Especially as you can't tell when you loose your upgrade (or is it explained somewhere?). I got hit several times and kept the double gun, upgraded to triple, then one hit gets me double again and another hit or two to single. :S

I think I found a bug, it said SINGLE for my weapon but I still had the double gun for some time.

The depth is indeed a problem as it is really hard to tell where enemies, obstacles and collectables are. At least the red line is a help.

Graphics are awesome, what more can I say?

It is a little confusing when a lot of action is going on, but well it's an action game. ^^

Controls are not very good, maybe I should actually try a controller. BTW keyboards around the world look different, so a control setting option is always appreciated. But in this case I could still play it with keyboard. I tried both options and prefered the keyboard.

And as mentioned before, too much blue in blue. As M-Bot is blue, I guess you could change the color of the buildings. :P

I don't like these kind of games, but that's just my personal thing.

The game itself is good, but probably some of the reviewers ideas and complaints could help to make a potential sequel even better.

M-Bot credited as actor! lmao

Cat with Bow Golf 2 Cat with Bow Golf 2

Very funny timekiller

I really like the game. This is one of the games where you can just sit back and relax while playing. But I think it's too easy nevertheless. You could set a lower par on several levels.

The music that plays when you finish a level is kinda funny.

The graphics are nothing special, but I think that's not important for this game.

I love the physics, I could play this game for hours.

Good work, too bad that this will be your last game. I would love to see more levels. Maybe you could create a level editor and release a player's pack or something.

The Company of Myself The Company of Myself

Thank you....

Honestly I want to thank you for letting us enjoy this masterpiece. Even without the brilliant story it is really a fun game and I played it 3 times now. This brings also the only little negative point: There need to be a lot more levels, just because it is so great.

I love the drawings and style of the game, especially the "old" look when remembering Kathryn.

The game runs smooth with dozens of shadows/clones on the screen, I really enjoyed spawning a lot of them in several levels, even if not necessary. :P

The story at the end brings the elements of the game perfectly. I don't want to spoil it for others, but everobody who played it to the end, will know what I mean.

You draw the player into this minimalistic world, by letting Jack tell his story while playing. That's a small but very effective tool.

IF you should ever make a sequel, I would be happy to learn if (and how) Jack can free himself from his problems. Of course I would also love more levels even without another story.

Great work!

5/5 & 10/10

Ninja+ 2 Ninja+ 2

Very entertaining

I have played this game quite a while. I really love the gameplay, but there are far to few levels. I also think they are pretty easy and I'm not the hardcore gamer, so maybe those kind of players get bored by levels that easy.

Good thing there's a level editor. So you can create a level were you can swing around like crazy and fight many enemies.

Sad part is that I can't publish my creations. Is there something wrong or is it only possibly on the games website?

Maybe you can release a player's pack edition sometime with dozens of levels.

Overall good game!

The Gun Game The Gun Game

Gun Game is a Fun Game

The game is really fun, the guns looks nice and it offers some challenge.

But there are some problems: You get hit and can hit your enemy with bullets that hit the wall and fall off. Even bullets that are lying on the floor can hurt you. I mean, come on, they are LYING ON THE FLOOR. ^_^

You can earn several achievements by simply firing non-stop in the warm-up mode. But probably that's not so bad, because it takes forever to get some achievements anyway.

Some challenges are really very hard, but I think with enough patience they can be completed.

Overall a good game and timekiller.

7/10