Mantis (eng subs) Mantis (eng subs)

Haha that was very smart! You really should have added an additional english voice over to increase your chances of getting a good score, but I personally don't mind it and hope many other don't mind it either. Funny little idea and well executed. I like that you added a dancing shadow in the bar by the way. lol

Keep it up!

LuliLaj responds:

Thanks) I have a plans to cooperate with my friend who is a good in voice acting to do a full english versions of my shorts in future)

Fatsack: BWDS ep 1 Fatsack: BWDS ep 1

Lovely work. First off: Great to see more animations from you. Seems like I missed all these live animating streams, because I only saw them on social media hours after you announced them.

This animation is really entertaining. One can tell by the fatsack concert, that you did have a lot of fun animating that specific part. Didn't you? Also nice voice acting, for a second I thought "Oh who did he hire for the voice?" lol

chluaid responds:

Thanks Luwano! I streamed almost all day, almost every day for the final week of the project but for those who missed it, those past streams were saved to the Twitch library.
Initially I considered the voice temporary and it wasn't recorded in a proper studio, but right at the end with all the music and sound effects it seemed to fit well as the final thing for this episode.

Still Spineless: Crows Still Spineless: Crows

The animation was great. It doesn't make much sense yet, but I'm looking forward to a possible conclusion. Gotta say the sounds were awful some times, like whenever a corpse is eaten and when the guy is in the alley and whatever that is he is scared of is about to appear. I actually almost muted the video during that scene. When he's checking the doors in the alley, the animation jumps a bit fast.

Apart from those minor things, it's a really a good movie. You manage to create a captivating mood. Good job!

EggnogTripod responds:

Thanks!
Yeah maybe some of the sounds and that ally scene music are a bit obnoxious haha :/ I wanted to go for the same feel that the Haunting Ground and Silent Hill soundtracks have, maybe I went a little too far on the noise side of things...

I still kinda like it though :M

Contrast Contrast

Aaaawww sound please.... pretty please

The game you created here (on your own, being the only team-member) for the game jam is awesome. You coped well with the colour handicap and the engine is really fun to play.

It's sad that you couldn't add the sound but I would reaaaaally love to see it with sound someday. You should consider updating it when you get to it.

Adding the ability to run was really a good idea, but when running it is hard to control everything properly. I think you would have been better if the down arrow key was the RUN button, since you use the other three arrows anyway and it's uncomfortable to stretch your hand over to the spacebar from either WASD or the arrows.

Also when I tried to move in circles while running and shooting the char didn't turn anymore. (too many buttons at the same time? :P)

Apart from that it's really fun. I think the ninjas where an awesome idea and the boss fight was pretty hard until you find out how to handle him.

All in all a great entry and if you had had the time to add sound it would have been even better.

Good job!

JoSilver responds:

Thanks glad you liked it.

when it comes to the spacebar for running I found the spacebar works best, I tryed the down arrow but than it becomes hard to shoot and run. and also yeah there are only so many button pressed flash will pick up sadly (adobe needs to fix it).

I really kinda wanna leave this one as is. I polished it as much as I could and sent it off.

But that does mean I wanna abandon it, I created a pretty complex engine for this game and I wanna experiment more with it.

Also thank for playing.... CONTRAST!!!

Newgrounds Worm Newgrounds Worm

4 years and worth it

I know this collab took very long, but the result is mindblowing.

About the co-author thing, my vote goes to TurkeyOnAStick even though there were a lot of great entries and the decision was hard.

Sometimes one doesn't really know to which drawing a certain part belongs, but it's not a big problem.

Good idea with the jumping spaceman, it's a nice diversion when you browse through the gallery again to look at a certain piece some more.

Also funny plot.

5/5 & 10/10.... of course.

Wallace's Workshop Wallace's Workshop

Great demo

Really, the game concept and the execution is good, it is fun to play and the graphics are perfectly suiting the game. But as much as I can understand that due to sponsor contracts and stuff you can't post the complete version here, I simply can't give a full score for quarter of a game. It's obviously a great game, but only 10 levels, no bonus challenges, no practice shed and no distance challenge, that's a big minus.

I also finished the 10th level with two parts left over and I don't know how I could include them. But hey, at least I made it somehow.

Also, I guess the levels we get to play here are more or less like a tutorial. Because if all the other levels also had detailed instructions how to clear the level it would be very boring. That's not the idea of a puzzle. So as I said, I assume, this is only the fact in the first few levels.

Good job nevertheless!

pick me up baby pick me up baby

Ring-a-ling

Nice song, absolutely 100 percent funky. :D

Didn't know there were still "ringtones" around in times when you can use your full song mp3s for it. But hey, this one's great.

I'm with WunderWoffle, it reminds me a little of Daft Punk and that's definitely a good thing for electrofunk.

Congrats on the first place!

snayk responds:

Well setting an mp3 as a ringtone still technically makes it a ringtone. This one just happens to have vocals which make it extra appropriate for use as such :)

Thanks for the congrats + review!

Garden Of Moonlight Garden Of Moonlight

Wonderful and inspiring

I have to agree with PsychoticBambi, I instantly pictured an RPG in my inner eye.

Our hero in front of the castle at night, in the "Garden of Moonlight".

But I guess it's not limited to this, just my first thought.

Harp music in general makes me think of medieval times, knights and princesses.

Congratulations, as you can see in the reviews, your song is very inspiring.

Audio Portal is such a great place!

rtnario responds:

Yeah. I thought of something similar too, except it's no hero in front of a castle, but just any protagonist strolling in an open garden by moonlight, deep in thought. Ta-da, song! This was actually directly inspired a lot by a harp piece Yasunori Mitsuda composed for the DS game Soma Bringer. He's a genius. *_*

Thanks for the review, and yes, the Audio Portal is indeed awesome. :D

YuYu Metal YuYu Metal

Wow I am surprised ^_^

First off, I'm not into Metal usually, so I'm honestly surprised, that I was totally amazed by this one. Of course I loved The YuYu like all of Adam Phillips flashs and I loved Spider Stacey's song.

But reading "YuYu Metal", made me think "Nah come on, don't destroy a good song". But I was toooootally wrong. To me it's the best cover version I heard so far.

It really takes up the sweeping mood of the original song, what I think is the most important part.

I'm going to listen some other of your songs now and I should listen to some more Folk Metal I guess.

Great work, it would probably be a good choice as part of the soundtrack for the planned Brackenwood film.

rtnario responds:

Wow, I'm glad this remix of mine got appreciated by those who don't listen to much metal :D

Thanks so much for the review, and thanks even more if you do check out my other stuff up here! And about folk metal...I recommend Elvenking's "The Winter Wake" album to get you started. ^^

If this was ever to become part of this Brackenwood film you mentioned though...I'd be really REALLY honored! But honestly I don't know where this would fit in XD

King King

Nice job on the cape especially. I like the shading on Strawberry very much too.

Happy Clock Day!

TheOverGhoul responds:

Thanks! happy clock day to you too!

Derailed Derailed

Holy crap, nice work. Love the rusty cogs and how the reddish bike chain resembles intestines.

Magical Crew Magical Crew

This is hilarious. Great idea and inpressive pixel art. Happy Clock Day!

moawling responds:

Thank you so much! Happy Clock Day to you as well!